New York – April 2018
– Tailwind Capital, a leading middle market private equity firm investing in growth-oriented companies in targeted sectors within healthcare, business services and industrial services, announces promotions, new employee hires and the addition of two new Operating Executives.
- David Gorton has been promoted to Partner. David joined Tailwind in 2009 as an investment professional and is responsible for leading the Firm’s deal origination and marketing efforts with key intermediaries and business owners. David has been an investor and advisor in the business services and industrial services sectors for over a decade. Prior to Tailwind, he was an investment banker at Lehman Brothers and Barclays Capital and a corporate lawyer at Skadden Arps.
- Allison Fiore joined as a Vice President. Allison joined Tailwind after graduating from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Allison previously worked at Sentinel Capital Partners and Piper Jaffray and focuses on the healthcare sector.
- Dave Calamai and Matt Rhone have been promoted to Vice President. Dave Calamai joined Tailwind in 2014 after prior experience at Morgan Stanley and focuses on investments within the healthcare sector. Matt Rhone joined Tailwind in 2013 after prior experience at Jefferies & Company and focuses on the industrial services sector.
- Jacques Antebi joined as an Operating Executive. Previously, Jacques served as EVP of Strategy for KIND Healthy Snacks and was a partner with McKinsey & Company. Jacques will focus on the business services sector.
- Marshall Croft joined as an Operating Executive. Marshall previously worked at Harris Williams and was a Lieutenant in the U.S. Navy. Marshall will focus on the industrial services sector, with an emphasis on assisting portfolio companies develop and execute add-on acquisition strategies.
- Michael Bertisch joined as Managing Director and General Counsel. Michael joined Tailwind in 2018 after prior experience at FNY Capital Management, Quadrangle Group, JWM Partners and Kaye Scholer.
About Tailwind Capital
Tailwind Capital is a leading middle market private equity firm focused on growth-oriented investments in targeted sectors within healthcare, business services and industrial services. Tailwind partners with experienced management teams and entrepreneurs to transform businesses through organic growth initiatives, acquisitions, and operational and strategic investments. Tailwind manages over $3 billion of committed equity capital, and has invested in 35 portfolio companies and 60 add-on acquisitions.